Total Pages: 273 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 1 Semester
File Size: 21 MB
File Type: Zip
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B French Immersion Edition: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community. This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
- Introduction: Key Vocabulary
- Canadian Government and Global Interactions
- International Accords and Organizations
- Canada’s Role in International Programs
- Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
- Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
- Canada’s Role in International Peace
- Canada’s Global Relationships
- Canada’s Trading Partners
- Canada’s Economy
- Environmental Issues: Overfishing
- Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
- Global Issues Inquiry
- This unit was translated for use in a French Immersion classroom. Lesson plans and answer keys are in English, all student pages are written in French.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 13 Lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Quizzes to check for understanding
- “This resource is seriously comprehensive. It is detailed and extremely easy to use! The students are super engaged and are learning authentic information about the world around them! Thank you!”
- “This is the perfect resource for Grade 6 social studies strand B. The language of the text is perfect for my students and the questions/charts are straightforward and easy for the students to complete. I would be completely lost without this resource. Thank you!”
- “I am not surprised at all that this unit was just what I needed. Easy planning, and worked very well with our supported textbook as well. Engaging activities for the students and I always enjoy the Investigations that make centres and inquiry stations effortless to set up in the classroom. MERCI!”