Total Pages: 320 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 25 MB
File Type: Zip
Grade 8 Geography Strand B | FRENCH EDITION: Teachers are provided with 17 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand economic development and quality of life. Students will also learn about population pyramids and scatter graphs. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
Note: All student-facing pages are in French, all teacher-facing pages (lesson plans and answer keys) are in English. All videos are in English due to the challenges of finding content in French.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand B
Also Available In English: Grade 8 Geography Bundle
Included Lessons and Assignments:
- Examining Quality of Life (As Learning)
- Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary (As/For Learning)
- Quality of Life Indicators (As Learning)
- Scatter Graphs (Of Learning)
- Millennium Development Goals (As Learning)
- Quality of Life Research Presentation (As/Of Learning)
- Population Pyramids (As/Of Learning)
- Interrelationships (As Learning)
- Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Media and Quality of Life (As Learning)
- Quality of Life Inquiry (As/Of Learning)
- Economic Systems (As Learning)
- Economic Sectors (As Learning)
- Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz (Of Learning)
- Economic Development Factors (As Learning)
- Global Wealth Distribution (As Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- This resource is NOT editable.
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. Grade 8 Digital Strand B. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier!
Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit.
Other Grade 8 French Social Studies Resources
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 17 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)