Total Pages: 400 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 1 Semester
File Size: 7 MB
File Type: PDF
Grade 8 History Creating Canada 1850-1890 Strand A | French Edition: Teachers are provided with 21 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. This unit contains information about Confederation and the settlement of Western Canada. Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom. Student pages are in FRENCH, teacher pages, and answer keys are in ENGLISH.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand A.
Strand A Lessons
- Lesson 1. Why Do We Study History?
- Lesson 2. How Did We Get Here?
- Lesson 3. How Has The Map of Canada Changed?
- Lesson 4. Life in British North America Prior to 1867
- Lesson 5. Fathers of Confederation Monologues
- Lesson 6. Politics in the Province of Canada
- Lesson 7. John A. Macdonald Personal and Professional Life
- Lesson 8. Confederation Advertisement Assignment
- Lesson 9. The Pros and Cons of Confederation
- Lesson 10. The Charlottetown, Quebec, and London Conferences
- Lesson 10B. Missing Voices at the Confederation Conferences
- Lesson 10C. British North America Act
- Lesson 11. Confederation Unit Test
- Lesson 12. Primary Source Analysis Videos and Photos
- Lesson 13. Legal Documents
- Lesson 14. Settlement of Western Canada Inquiry Stations
- Lesson 15. Manitoba Act 1870
- Lesson 16. The Indian Act 1876
- Lesson 17. Louis Riel Obituary Assignment
- Lesson 18. Canadian Pacific Railroad Lyric Analysis
- Lesson 19. Canadian Pacific Railroad Assignment
- Lesson 20. Primary Source Analysis, Video, and Creative Writing - The Gold Rush
- Lesson 21. The Chinese Immigration Act 1885
- Lesson 22. The Arctic and Indigenous Case Law
- Lesson 23. Numbered Treaties
- Lesson 24. Residential Schools
- Lesson 25. Video Review
- Lesson 26. Western Canada Unit Test
- “I love this resource. I had to purchase it again, as I am teaching online, but I don't mind as it really is a great resource. Lessons are well put together and interactive. Thank you.”
- “Many of these activities go great with the NS grade 7 curriculum, as well - I am super excited to try it with my students! Thank you!! :)”
- “I love all of Kristy's resources! This is fantastic, the French is well-written and the activities are super engaging for the students. I really enjoy how there is a mix between the types of activities: teacher-led, student-led, or inquiry-based.”
- Student pages are in French.
- Teacher lesson plans and answer keys are in English.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
Need To Go Paperless for Distance Learning or 1:1 Schools?
- Check out this Digital Expansion Pack for Grade 8 History
- Detailed unit overview
- 26 different lessons
- Lesson plans for each lesson (detailed teacher and student directions)
- Interactive note-taking graphic organizers
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Learning goals in student-friendly language
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Inquiry station student notes sheets
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Differentiated assessment formats