Veterans Day Unit
Veterans Day Unit
Total Pages: 140 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 2 Weeks
File Size: 4 MB
File Type: PDF
Middle School Veterans Day Unit | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of Veterans Day in this two-week middle school unit. Teachers are provided with 9 in-depth, engaging, and relevant multimedia lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts related to Veterans Day.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- What is Veterans Day?
- Music Lyric Analysis
- Poem and Song Analysis
- Video Analysis
- World War 1 Trench Life Simulation
- Choral Reading
- Modern Day Armed Forces
- Opinion Writing
- Photo Analysis
Other Social Studies Resources:
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF
- Links to songs, videos, and poems are included. Due to copyright original items cannot be included in this unit.
- "Love this product to use with my middle school students. Thank you!"
- "Great activities for a deeper understanding of Veteran's Day."
- "Amazing resource for Veteran's Day! Great variety of activities to pick from to fit your learners."
- detailed unit plan with readings, videos, songs, poems
- detailed teacher directions
- assessment rubrics
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom™ or other online learning portals
- Google Slides™ Graphic Organizers
- assessment for, of and as learning breakdown