All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Total Pages: 112 pages
Answer Key: Included with Rubric
Teaching Duration: 1 Semester
File Type: Zip
Grade 7 Geography Strand B Modified | PDF & Digital: This modified geography unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum, but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension. Each of the 14 lessons aligns with a key concept in the Ontario Grade 7 Geography Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided. This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP. Please review the provided sample lesson in the preview PDF.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
Lesson Overview & Modifications
- Introduction: Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (Cut and Match & Journal Entry)
- Natural Resources and Manufactured Goods (Reading & Cut and Match)
- Natural Resources in Canada (Reading & Cut and Match)
- Natural Resources in the World (Reading & Sorting)
- Needs vs. Wants (Reading & Sorting)
- Natural Resource Types (Reading, Writing, Sort & Match)
- Natural Resources Quiz
- Natural Resource Perspectives (Modified Inquiry)
- Current Events (Summarizing Skills)
- Mining Techniques (Reading & Fill in the Blanks)
- Forestry Techniques (Pictorial Sequencing Assignment)
- Natural Resource Extraction (Modified Inquiry)
- Eco-Friendly Energy (Reading & True or False)
- Personal Plan of Action (Personal Monitoring Project)
- 14 Modified Grade 7 Geography Strand A Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Google Slides version
- Individual PDFs
- “This resource has really helped me to be able to provide activities that are related to what we are doing in class but are accessible for my students who are working at different levels. This has been so helpful.”
- “This resource was perfect for my students with learning difficulties to access the same curriculum and in a similar format as the rest of the class (I used the other grade 7 resource as well). It was extremely easy to use in class and made it easy for students to access on google classroom. This was exactly what I needed! Thanks!”
Additional Geography Resources