Total Pages: 25 pages
Answer Key: N/A
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Book Versus Movie Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Use this Book Versus Movie Analysis Project to help students gain higher-order thinking skills as they compare their favourite book to the movie. Students will select a book to read that has been made into a movie. Then, they will complete a series of assignments to demonstrate their understanding of both the book and the movie.
Students will compare and contrast the novel and movie's plot, characters, setting, and theme. Each section of the assignment includes a due date option to ensure that the assignment is presented in "sections" to students and to space out your marking load.
- Reading Assignment
- Writing Assignment
- Oral Assignment
- Media Assignment
- 5 Reading-Focused Graphic Organizers
- Book vs. Movie Suggestion List
- 4 Success Criteria Based Rubrics (Reading, Writing, Oral and Media)
- 1 Points-Based Assessment
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom or other LMS providers
- Google Slides format for 1:1 technology classrooms
- Curriculum Alignment - Grades 6 - 8 Ontario & Common Core
- "I used the assignments to assess my students to compare and contrast The Lightning Thief book and movie. Through the assignments, I could really see what my students had learned!"
- "Very engaging! Thanks for such a thorough product that I love, and my students will respond to!"
- "They always want to watch the movie. This assignment provides the perfect activity!"
- "This seller has amazing products. I wish I can carry her around in my pocket all day when I teach! :) Thank you for your expertise and knowledge in making teaching and learning FUN and engaging."
Other Engaging Reading Assignments