Total Pages: 50 pages
Answer Key: Rubric only
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 3 MB
File Type: PDF
Christmas Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Versions: Use this Christmas creative writing choice board assignment, to combine covering the writing curriculum and enjoy the holiday season with your classes. Students will select the role of one character: Santa's Elf, Christmas Turkey, Gingerbread man, Christmas Tree or Museum Curator and create a written product (brochure, postcards, infographic, etc) based on the character's specific writing prompt. Students select from 1 of the 5 different writing options using the RAFT format (Role, Audience, Format, Topic).
This no-prep - just photocopy creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- "My students had fun choosing and completing one of these writing options. It was a great way to keep them writing right before the break."
- "These fun prompts are a great way to keep students writing during the busy time before Christmas!"
- "I really enjoyed this activity. It is fun, well prepared and easy to assess. My 7/8 class found it a lot of fun."
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Engaging Christmas Resources and Assignments