Total Pages: 38 pages
Answer Key: Rubric only
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Creative Writing Prompts | PDF and Digital Formats: Get your students excited about writing with these no prep creative writing prompts. Students will select their topic from 20 different writing prompts. These prompts can be used as a stand-alone assignment, sub plans, or enrichment task. Integrate these prompts into your Writer's Workshop classes or any ELA writing lesson. These prompts are a fantastic way to incorporate student voice and choice into your lessons.
- This resource contains individual PDFs and Google Slides of student pages to assist with online learning.
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Assignment Sheet (List or Choice Board Format)
- 6 Anchor Charts
- 20 different leveled writing prompts
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides Format
- 2 Rubric Options (Standards-Based Rubric or Points-Based Rubric)
- "Such an amazing product - my students loved the writing prompts and could not stop talking about them. They always wanted more time to work on their writing and were eager to make improvements due to the high-interest nature of each prompt."
- "This resource was a great tool for my students to use during their creative writing period. They often have free choice when it comes to their writing topic but for those that got stuck this really helped and gave them a starting place."
- "Amazing for sub days! Thanks!"
- "Great resource. I colour printed and laminated the posters. They are up on our board where students get to move their names to the writing process they are currently working on. The creative writing prompts are super!"
- "Great resource. We used this in the library as a creative writing prompt of the month. Students wrote amazing stories this year. Thank you."
Other Creative Writing Assignments