Total Pages: 18 pages
Answer Key: Rubric only
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 14 MB
File Type: PDF
Global Holiday Celebrations Research Assignment | PDF and Digital Versions: Help students learn about different cultures, celebrations, and faiths with this holiday research assignment. Students will work in pairs to research 1 of the 16 suggested holiday and/or cultural celebrations. Students could also choose to research a local holiday or cultural celebration. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
To support the research process a graphic organizer is provided with prompting questions, and a space to record research. Students will present their research findings in a slideshow format to their classmates. This assignment is an informative and interesting way to cover the research, writing, and oral presentation curriculum expectations.
- "This is perfect for December! Thanks for the resources. Lots of student choice. I appreciate the peer editing page and the teacher rubric. Always great quality from your store!"
- "I like that you've included so many different cultures. Great product!"
- "Great resource! We had to decorate our classroom door to represent different holidays and this project went very well with it. Great learning opportunity for my students."
- "This was a great break to my regular social studies program right before Christmas break. Students worked in groups and shared other celebrations the week prior to winter break - with food, of course! Thank you!"
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Assignment Sheet with 16 suggested holidays
- Standards-Based Rubric (Levels 1 – 4)
- Points Based Rubric (50 marks)
16 Suggested Holiday Options
- Bandi Chhor Divas
- Boxing Day
- Chinese New Year
- Eid al-Fitr: Feast of Breaking the Fast
- Eid al-Adha: Feast of the Sacrifice
- Leap Year
- New Year
- Rosh Hashanah
- Québec Winter Carnival
*space to add your own significant holiday or cultural event
Engaging Christmas Resources