All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Total Pages: 172 Pages
Answer Key: Included with Rubric
Teaching Duration: 2 Months
File Size: 9 MB
File Type: Zip
Grade 6 Science Flight Unit | PDF and Digital Formats: Teachers are provided with 12 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Grade 6 science. This 172-page unit will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that explains some key concepts about how things fly.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Science Curriculum 2022
Introduction: Safety Rules & Unit Vocabulary
- Lesson 1A: The Properties of Air
- Lesson 1B: The Properties of Air Demonstration
- Lesson 2: Compression and Insulation of Air
- Lesson 3: Four Forces of Flight
- Lesson 4: Unbalanced Forces
- Lesson 5: How The Four Forces Can Be Altered
- Lesson 6: Characteristics And Adaptations That Enable Living Things To Fly
- Lesson 7: Paper Airplane Lab
- Lesson 8: Air Travel Inquiry
- Lesson 9: Flight Unit Test
- Lesson 10: Sub Plans
- Lesson 11: Drones Article Independent Work
- Lesson 12: Flight Digital Escape Room
- Detailed lesson plans
- Differentiated Lessons and assignments (readings, videos, graphic organizers, interactive notebook activities, group work, projects, lab)
- Mp3 audio files of each article
- Detailed unit plans, answer keys, and assessment rubrics
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Student assignment choice and variety
- Quizzes (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
- Unit Test (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
- Science Lab
- Sub Plans
- PDF format
- Google Slides format
- "Great product as always from 2 peas and a dog! Everything is very easy to follow and at the students' level. I love that it comes with digital and audio files so I can easily post digital versions if needed. I like the mix of styles and lots of hands-on options. The videos to show experiments is super easy so I can show them or use them as an example to see how I can recreate with my class live. Can't wait for more science units!"
- “Another amazing and VERY easy-to-use unit plan! Thank you!”
Additional Grade 6 Science Units