All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Total Pages: 450 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: Other
File Size: 17 MB
File Type: Zip (PDF’s)
Grade 7 Geography Bundle Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 37 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand physical patterns in a changing world as well as natural resources around the world (use and sustainability). Physical geography topics covered: landforms, water systems, vegetation regions, climate regions, challenges presented by the physical environment. Natural resources topics covered: types, issues, extraction methods, perspectives on use, the impact of use, environmental concerns, and energy types.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom.
- Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Geography Strand A and B
Strand A Lessons
- Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
- Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
- Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
- What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
- World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Landforms (As Learning)
- Changes to Landforms (As Learning)
- Landforms Quiz (Of Learning)
- Land Reclamation Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (As Learning)
- Changes to Water Systems (As Learning)
- Characteristics of Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Climate Graph Creation Assignment (Of Learning)
- Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Invasive Species Assignment (Of Learning)
- Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (As Learning)
- Group Scenario Learning (As Learning)
- Natural Events Inquiry Stations (As/Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
Strand B Lessons
- Introduction - Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (As/Of Learning)
- What is a Natural Resource? (As/For Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in Canada? (For/As Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in the World? (As Learning)
- What Makes Natural Resources Valuable? (As Learning)
- How Do Humans Meet Their Needs and Wants (As Learning)
- Natural Resources Quiz (Of Learning)
- Perspectives On Natural Resource Use (As Learning)
- Current Events Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Natural Resources Extraction Methods (As Learning)
- Effects of Natural Resource Extraction (As Learning)
- Environmental Responses to Resource Extraction (For/As/Of Learning)
- Taking Action: Organizations That Care (As/Of Learning)
- National Resources Inquiry Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Personal Plan of Action (Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Detailed unit plan
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 37 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning (Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources)
- Case Study on Canadian Diamonds vs. Conflict Diamonds
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- A variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)
- "I love all of your resources! I purchased this bundle after being switched from grade 8 to grade 7! I already own the grade 8 resources so I knew immediately what to get when I knew I'd be teaching grade 7."
- "As always, Kristy makes an amazing product that links in expectations and learning (for/of/as) for us Ontario educators. Thank you!"
- "I love all of your units! With administrators pressing for fewer text resources and living in an area where digital resources aren't always available, I really appreciate the effort you put into your units! A whole year, ready to go!!"
- "Amazing resource! I love that it's Ontario content too!!!"
- "All resources purchased from this seller are awesome!"
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier!
Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will still need to purchase the complete unit. Grade 7 Digital Bundle
Aussi disponible en français Grade 7 Geography Bundle Ontario Curriculum French Edition