Total Pages: 252 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 8 MB
File Type: PDF
Grade 7 History Strand B | PDF and Digital Formats: Teachers are provided with 22 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand the conflicts, changes, and challenges that occurred in British North America from 1800 - 1850.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Strand B.
- Print and Digital Formats
- MP3 Audio Files
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Answer Keys
- 23 Lessons
- Student Choice
- Assessment Rubrics
- Unit Test
- Inquiry Stations
Strand B Lesson Outline
Introduction: Top 10 List of Events from 1713-1800
1. Establishing Upper Canada (As)
1B. Métis & Settler Relations (As)
2. Historica Minutes: War of 1812 (As)
3. War of 1812 Overview Reading (As)
4. War of 1812 Inquiry Stations (As/Of)
5. War of 1812 Newspaper Article (Of)
6. Results of the War of 1812 (As)
6B. Mackinac & Drummond Islands & The Treaty of Ghent (As)
7. A Question of Identity: The War of 1812 (As)
8. War of 1812 Review & Quiz (Of)
9. Life in Lower Canada (As)
10. The Rebellions in Lower Canada (As)
11. Life in Upper Canada (As)
12. The Rebellions in Upper Canada (As)
13. Rebellions Quiz (Of)
14. Canada A People’s History (Optional) (As)
14B. Legal Issues (As)
15. Politics in British North America (As)
15B. British – Indigenous Treaties (As)
16. Conflict and Challenges Summative Task (Of)
17. Unit Review and Test (Of)
- "Phenomenal! Your resources are always highly engaging, professional in appearance, and easy to use. The students really like the fonts, images, and interactive/collaborative activities. Thank you for including a well-organized, thorough resource. The assessments, initial introductions, and lead information (Big Ideas, Assessment For/Of/As Learning) is extensive and perfect for planning. Thank you so much!"
- "Love the unit. I find that the language is easy for the students to follow. The activities are new and work well with technology or without. Great job!"
- "I purchased the one unit last year and have now purchased this unit - great resources to use. Excellent quality."
- “2Peas and a Dog always has the best units. Extremely easy to follow and organized with assessments, a variety of activities, and curriculum connections. LOVE THIS”
- “This resource is such a life saver! I am not an expert about history by any means so this resource was absolutely amazing and saved me so much time!! The activities were engaging and varied. The students enjoyed the readings, which were simple and easy to understand, with some components that allowed for great discussions."
NOTES: Internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.