Total Pages: 300 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 67 MB
File Type: PDF
Grade 8 Geography Strand B: Teachers are provided with 17 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand economic development and quality of life. Students will also learn about population pyramids and scatter graphs. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand B
Aussi disponible en français Grade 8 Geography French Edition
Included Lessons and Assignments:
- Examining Quality of Life (As Learning)
- Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary (As/For Learning)
- Quality of Life Indicators (As Learning)
- Scatter Graphs (Of Learning)
- Millennium Development Goals (As Learning)
- Quality of Life Research Presentation (As/Of Learning)
- Population Pyramids (As/Of Learning)
- Interrelationships (As Learning)
- Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Media and Quality of Life (As Learning)
- Quality of Life Inquiry (As/Of Learning)
- Economic Systems (As Learning)
- Economic Sectors (As Learning)
- Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz (Of Learning)
- Economic Development Factors (As Learning)
- Global Wealth Distribution (As Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- "Excellent and well laid out. I am scraping many of my current lessons for yours!"
- "Fantastic Resource. Students enjoyed working through the unit. Admitted that they LOVED Geography this way."
- "My grade 8s loved this unit. The lessons are easy to digest, engaging and connected to the curriculum. Couldn't ask for more!"
- "Another phenomenal Geography unit! This purchase includes so many great activities, including activities connected to interesting videos. These activities and videos created deep, critical thinking from my students and they were eager to share their options and dig deep to learn more on specific issues they connected with individually."
- "This unit is fantastic! It's user-friendly for those of us who do not have much background knowledge or experience in teaching Geography. I found the lessons so informative, interesting, and engaging! I used to dread teaching this but this unit has helped immensely!"
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- This resource is NOT editable.
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. Grade 8 Digital Strand B. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier!
Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit.
Other Grade 8 Social Studies Resources
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 17 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)