All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Total Pages: 74 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 2 Weeks
Use this Mockumentary Unit to have fun with your students while covering media literacy expectations. Students will learn about media literacy and mockumentaries. As a final project, each group will create their own mockumentary video to raise awareness about a topic they are passionate about.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™ as well as Google Slides™ formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- 6 Lessons
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Anchor Charts
- Graphic Organizers
- Student Notes
- Creating A Mockumentary Assignment
- 2 Google Slideshows
- Answer Keys
- Assessment Rubrics (Levels or Points)
- Digital & PDF Formats
- Introduction to Media, Media Literacy and Critical Thinking
- What is a Mockumentary?
- How to Spot a Mockumentary
- Creating Effective Videos
- Creating a Mockumentary
- Mockumentary Presentations
- “Great media literacy resource for junior grades! Highly recommend this TPT seller!”
- “I teach a media and marketing class. We used this in the spring as an end of year project. Kids loved it. They made hilarious videos about the school.”
- “A very engaging resource that my students enjoyed.”
If your students love this unit - try our Fake News Unit to continue their learning.
Other Engaging Media Literacy Lessons