Total Pages: 40 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 30 MB
File Type: Zip
Natural Disasters Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about various natural disasters (hurricanes, tsunamis, blizzards) and the damage they cause in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Other Non-Fiction Articles