Oral Presentations Bundle #2
Oral Presentations Bundle #2
Total Pages: 148 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 19 MB
File Type: Zip
Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle #2 | PDF & Digital: Teaching students speaking and presentation skills is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation (speaking) skills with these 4 different assignments: Good News, Product Pitch, Book Unboxing, and Spoken Word.
- These assignments are provided in both PDF and digital (Google Slides) format.
- All of these assignments can be purchased as stand-alone assignments, but the best value is to buy them as a bundle.
Click Here To View The Preview
1. Persuasive Pitch Assignment | PDF & Digital: Fans of the TV shows "Shark Tank" and "Dragon's Den" will love this assignment. Students will develop an idea of how to improve their school (e.g. installing recycling bins, creating a snack program, etc.) then they will pitch their idea to the judges (their classmates). After all of the presentations, students will vote on which idea they would invest their money in. This assignment is scaffolded into 5 different lessons.
2. Good News Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Students are constantly exposed to the news. It is important to showcase the good events that occur as well as the current events. In this assignment, students find a good news event to share with the class in an oral presentation. Students can present this information in a video format or a live presentation. This can be used with any non-fiction good news article.
3. Spoken Word Assignment | PDF & Digital: Use this assignment to help students plan, write, and present their own spoken word poem. Spoken word is an engaging way to bring public speaking and authentic writing into the classroom. These poems are an engaging way to get students to write and share their thoughts and opinions.
4. Book Unboxing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Students love social media and YouTube culture. Use their knowledge and excitement to promote reading in your classroom. Students select 3 - 5 books they have read and unbox them for the class. Students can present this information in a video format or a live presentation. This can be used with any fiction or non-fiction book.
These assignments contain:
- Unit overview
- Detailed lesson plans
- Graphic organizers
- Video examples (must have reliable internet to access)
- Assignment sheet
- Assessment criteria
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides for 1:1 technology schools
- “The first Oral Presentation bundle was great so I bought the second one too. Well laid out and easy to use for both me and the pupils.”
- “As a grade 8 teacher who only teaches language and Social, it's hard to come up with oral presentations that are relevant as I cannot plan cross-curricular with other subjects. This resource provides some great projects that are not just book reports.”
- “This resource covers many different types of oral presentations they can use throughout any other subject to help integrate the curriculum”