Total Pages: 27 pages
Answer Key: Rubric only
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Spring Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Formats: In this Spring Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles: bear, grass, snow shovel, bird, professional gardener, and create a written or visual product based on the character's specific writing prompt.
This no-prep - just photocopy and teach Spring Creative Writing Assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this Resource:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Spring Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “An excellent resource to use in spring when transitioning into a more formal writing unit. I like to use this writing prompt in between heavier writing units.”
- “Love the variety.”
- "My students had a lot of fun with this activity. They enjoyed having the choice of which RAFT they were going to write about. This activity is a great opportunity for students to show their creativity."
- “My students had a lot of fun with this activity. They enjoyed having the choice of which RAFT they were going to write about. This activity is a great opportunity for students to show their creativity."
- “Great resource for my creative writing class! Great options with a rubric included! The students enjoyed this so much, I bought the bundle! Thank you!”
Want To Learn More About This Format Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments