Total Pages: 42 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 22 MB
File Type: Zip
The History of Television Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn a brief history of television in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “Great quality.”
- “Super well organized! The kids really enjoyed making connections and viewing the "I Love Lucy" video to compare and contrast television over the years."
- “My students found this resource easy to understand and the activities were engaging and most importantly fun.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles