Total Pages: 32 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 2 MB
File Type: PDF
Unit Rate Project | PDF and Digital Versions: This assignment is a METRIC unit rate final project. Students are given a real chocolate fudge recipe, prices from two different grocery stores, and asked to find the better buy for their employer "Sweetness Bakery". .
Students will use their basic adding, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills as well as decimals, rates, and unit rates to solve all the math questions in this package.
- The resource contains individual PDFs to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom, a Google Form Self-Marking version, and Google Slides version.
Included in this Resource:
- Real Fudge Recipe
- Unit Rate (Metric) Project Sheets (Modified, Regular and Enriched Versions)
- Google Form Self Marking Version
- Google Slides Version
- PDF Version
- 4 Level Assessment Rubric
- Answer Key
- “My students couldn't get over the fact that it was a real recipe! Thank you for using real-life examples.”
- “My students had a blast with this project. It lends itself well to collaborative groups and easy to understand.”
- "Loved this resource and my students loved the fudge that I made from the recipe that came with this activity! I like how it also includes conversion rates for some of the activities."
- "I used this resource with my high ability students to extend their learning. It did exactly that!"
Real-Life Math Projects