Total Pages: 51 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 2 MB
File Type: PDF
Middle School Valentine's Day Unit | PDF & Digital Formats: This engaging Valentine's Day Unit for middle school grades, contains 5 different activities that will help reinforce your students' reading, writing, and creativity skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Valentine's Day traditions and prepare for Valentine's Day discussion about current customs.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Lesson 1: History of Valentine's Day Video & Reading
- Lesson 2: Valentine's Day Opinion Writing
- Lesson 3: Valentine's Day Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 4: Valentine's Day Creative Choice Board Assignment
- Lesson 5: Valentine's Day Creative Writing Assignment *Valentine's Day Creative Writing Assignment can be purchased separately here.
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom™ or other online learning portals
- Google Slides™ graphic organizers
- Detailed unit plan and teacher instructions
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment choice
- Marking scheme choices (points/standards-based)
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit.
- The internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- “Great resource; my Grade 7/8 students enjoyed this unit!”
- “These were fun activities to do with the students. I liked the options for colour or black and white as well as Canadian/American versions.”
- “Fishbowl discussion was great!”
- “Great product. Loved the 2 choice boards, as I have a split. My students loved the fishbowl discussion.”
- “Very user-friendly. My students liked the variety of creative writing prompts. I enjoyed the pre-made rubrics that were easy to use and adapt.”
- “I just started this unit today and both of my 7th grade ELA classes had a great discussion with lots of participation.”
Related Holiday Resources: