Total Pages: 27 pages
Answer Key: Rubric only
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Winter Creative Writing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will select one of the provided character roles: winter coat, ice skates, coffee shop owner, local sledding hill, lost mitten, and create a written or visual product based on the character's specific writing prompt. This no-prep - just photocopy and teach winter creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Winter Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- "This is fabulous! I assigned this to my 7/8 class last week, and I love seeing the wheels turn as they approach this. Planning on having them share some of their writing with their kindergarten buddies."
- "My seventh-graders worked on this right before Christmas break and they really enjoyed it!"
- "This is great! My students loved writing their ideas down and had a lot of fun with this. Thanks."
- "Love the format of the RAFT writing and how it allows students to be very creative."
Want To Learn More About This Format?