Total Pages: 270 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 11 MB
File Type: PDF
Grade 7 Geography Strand A Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 21 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand physical patterns in a changing world. Topics covered are landforms, water systems, vegetation regions, climate regions, and challenges presented by the physical environment. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Strand A.
- Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
- Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
- Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
- What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
- World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Landforms (As Learning)
- Changes to Landforms (As Learning)
- Landforms Quiz (Of Learning)
- Land Reclamation Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (As Learning)
- Changes to Water Systems (As Learning)
- Characteristics of Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Climate Graph Creation Assignment (Of Learning)
- Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Invasive Species Assignment (Of Learning)
- Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (As Learning)
- Group Scenario Learning (As Learning)
- Natural Events Inquiry Stations (As/Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 16 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- "This has been such a useful resource! I love how clearly laid out the lessons are and appreciate the amount of work you have put into making sure the content is relevant and engaging! Love that you include useful links for the different activities and the links are always current :) Looking forward to looking at what you've created for Strand B!"
- "This is comprehensive, easy to use, and low prep which has made it an amazing addition to my class this year! There are so many activities included that keep the students engaged which has been great!"
- “Love this product! Very nicely laid out, the concepts are broken down into manageable chunks, and there are a variety of different types of activities to allow for assessment of, as, and for learning as well as for students' individual learning preferences.”
- Anyone teaching grade 7 geography needs to purchase this unit!!! AMAZING-- has absolutely everything you would need. No additional planning required!"
- "I love the resources from 2peasandadog. This is the second or third I have purchased and they are always the highest quality and very thorough. Really a one-stop-shop. What's great is they include videos, rubrics and all."
- "Solid, easy to use resource that covers the entire Ontario curriculum for this strand. "Great, easy-to-understand readings and assignments."
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. Grade 7 Digital Strand A. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier!
Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit.
Aussi disponible en français Grade 7 Geography French Edition
Want Lessons for Strand B? Grade 7 Geography Strand B