Grade 8 Science Cells Unit
Grade 8 Science Cells Unit
Total Pages: 339 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 2 months
File Size: 17 MB
File Type: Zip
This 339-page Grade 8 Science Cells Unit will help you teach science without a textbook using exciting and cross-curricular lessons. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that uses interactive and hands-on learning to explain the functions of cells and their real-life applications.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Science Curriculum 2022 – Grade 8 Cells
Key Features of This Resource:
✅ Detailed lesson plans
✅ Differentiated lessons and assignments
➡️ Graphic Organizers
➡️ Group Work
➡️ Labs & Inquiries
✅ MP3 audio files of student readings|
✅ Detailed unit plan, answer keys, and assessment rubrics
✅ Student assignment choice and variety
✅ Quizzes (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
✅ Unit Test (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
✅ PDF & Google Slides Formats
Save Money, Buy The Bundle!
Get your entire year of science lessons planned for you to save your evenings and weekends!
- The Grade 8 Science Cells Unit is also in the Grade 8 Science Bundle, which includes a digital escape room for every unit!
- If you teach split grades, you can also find this resource in the Grade 7/8 Science Bundle.
Introduction: Safety Rules
Lesson 1: Unit Vocabulary (Tech & No-Tech Versions)
Lesson 2: The Cell Theory
Lesson 3: Structures and Organelles in Cells
Lesson 4: Plant vs. Animal Cells
Lesson 5: Create Your Own Cell – Plant or Animal Cells
Lesson 6: The Process of Diffusion and Osmosis
Lesson 7: Candy Diffusion & Potato Osmosis Experiments
Lesson 8A: Unicellular and Multicellular Organisms
Lesson 8B: Cellular Organisms Inquiry
Lesson 9: Organization of Cells into Tissues, Organs, and Organ Systems
Lesson 10: Inquiry – Organ Systems Infographic & Presentation
Lesson 11: Mid-Unit Quiz
Lesson 12: What is a Microscope?
Lesson 13: Plant and Animal Cells Microscope Lab
Lesson 14: Dry and Wet-Mount Slides
Lesson 15: Stations – Cell Technology and Our Understanding of Cells
Lesson 16: Perspectives on Cell Processes
Lesson 17: Cells Final Unit Test
Lesson 18: Sub Plans/Bonus Files
What Teachers Are Saying About This Grade 8 Science Cells Unit:
- “Wonderful resource! Included lots of great lessons and activities to teach the unit in an interactive way. Perfect for a new teacher like me that didn’t know where to start with this subject!”
- “This is hands down the BEST resource I have ever bought on TPT. It makes my life as a teacher so easy as there is very little prep. My students love all the activities – it keeps even my most difficult students engaged and focused. I highly recommend this resource, you will not be disappointed with your purchase!!”
- “This is an excellent, thorough unit. There is so much in this unit I probably don’t have time to cover everything, but I appreciate the variety of lessons, activities, and assignments. I love how easy it is to use this with Google Classroom and be completely paperless in my classroom. Thanks!”