Total Pages: 30 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: N/A
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Lamb to the Slaughter Short Story | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “My 8th-grade students LOVED this story, especially after reading "The Landlady" earlier in the year. Thank you for a great resource!”
- “Awesome literary analysis' of L to the S. Thanks for the attention to detail in the organizers.”
- "Amazing resource, as usual. Thank you."
Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This lesson is included in the Short Story Unit Middle School Bundle 2.