Middle School Plagiarism Unit
Middle School Plagiarism Unit
All prices are in Canadian dollars.
File Size: 20.9MB
File Type: Zip
Are you ready to empower your middle school students with the knowledge and skills to become responsible and authentic writers? This Plagiarism Unit contains 9 high-interest lessons to help students understand plagiarism and its consequences. This is a comprehensive package designed to engage and educate students about plagiarism and how to steer clear of it. With the help of detailed teacher instructions, you'll find it effortless to guide your students through the process of creating original work.
- 9 Engaging Lessons: These lessons are specifically designed for middle school students.
- Plagiarism and AI Lesson: Discover how technology intersects with plagiarism and equip your students to be responsible digital citizens.
- Interactive Video Links: Enrich the learning experience with multimedia resources, keeping your students hooked throughout the unit.
- Group Work Stations: Foster teamwork and cooperation as students explore plagiarism examples together.
- Answer Keys: Easily assess progress and provide timely feedback to your students.
- Regular and Modified Note-Taking Options: Tailor the learning experience to accommodate various learning styles and abilities.
- Graphic Organizers: Enhance comprehension and organization skills with visually engaging tools.
- Group & Independent Work: Strike the perfect balance between collaborative activities and individual exploration.
- Pre-Made Lesson Slideshow: Save valuable time with ready-to-use slideshows for seamless classroom presentations.
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats: Adaptability at its finest - choose the format that suits your teaching style and classroom needs.
- What Is Plagiarism? Unravel the mystery behind plagiarism and its consequences.
- Identifying Plagiarism: Sharpen students' skills to recognize different forms of plagiarism.
- Plagiarism and AI Tools: Explore the intersection of technology and plagiarism, equipping students with digital literacy.
- How To Avoid Plagiarism When Summarizing: Master the art of summarization without falling into the plagiarism trap.
- How To Avoid Plagiarism When Paraphrasing: Teach students the art of putting ideas into their own words.
- How To Avoid Plagiarism When Using Direct Quotes: Navigating the use of direct quotes with integrity.
- Plagiarism Stations: Engaging stations for real-world application.
- Creating A Works Cited Page: Unravel the mysteries of proper citation to give credit where it's due.
- Creating In-Text Citations: Understanding the importance of in-text citations for academic honesty.
Equip your students with the tools they need to succeed as authentic writers and responsible digital citizens.
- “This unit on plagiarism has been a perfect start to the year and I love that it includes AI! It is comprehensive and detailed and I haven't had to edit or adapt anything so far which is really nice. Great resource!”
- “As with all resources from this creator/teacher, this is fantastic. It is well laid out, lots of videos and readings and examples to engage the kids. 2peasandadog saves my life every time. I love everything that she creates. This is a very timely and needed topic to talk about in class. Thank you.”
- “I am planning my first few weeks/lessons for September, and this is one of those lessons I will be using right from the starting block. Too few students understand the importance of not using someone else's words, or the importance of citing. Thank you so much for this comprehensive resource. I love it!”
- “I think this is a great unit to start the school year. It's the topic that is on everyone's mind so it sparks conversation and debate. It also sets up a lot of the do and don't expectations for language curriculum.”
Additional Digital Citizenship Lessons