Total Pages: 28 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 2 MB
File Type: PDF
Valentine's Day Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning. This article is also found in this Valentine's Day Unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included student pages for 1:1 technology schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular text)
- Mp3 audio file of each article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “This was a great article to use the week leading up to Valentine's Day for my 6th graders. I am a huge fan of the Article of the Week approach to teaching Non-Fiction texts, and this article didn't disappoint.”
- “My students loved the information and the different question types. Thank you!”
- “Thanks for a great resource”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.