Total Pages: 28 pages
Answer Key: Included with rubric
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 2 MB
File Type: PDF
Halloween Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the history of Halloween in this reading passage. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools. This article is also located in this Halloween Unit.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular versions)
- Mp3 files for each article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
- "An excellent resource for keeping students engaged in their learning at a hectic time of year!"
- "This was a helpful assignment to keep my students busy and engaged at home while helping my students in the classroom using the Hybrid learning model."
- "Great resource! Very engaging for students, easy to follow, and great for assessing understanding."